The Governor of Pennsylvania signed into law the Open Records or Right to Know Law to be effective January 1, 2009. The law will give individuals access to public records of a Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Agency, or Local Agency. In order to request information, a written request must be directed to John Riley the Moon Township Municipal Authority’s Open Records Officer.
The fee structure applicable to obtaining records is as follows:
- Photocopy $.15 per copy
- Certification of Public record $ 5 per record
- Specialized Documents Actual Cost
- Postage Fees Actual cost of mailing
The photocopy fee will be charged when an individual wishes to review a document, whether or not they take the document or it remains in the Authority premises.
The following information is private and not available to the public:
- Employee Social Security Numbers
- Employee Drivers License Numbers
- Employee Home, Cellular or Personal Phone Numbers
- Employee Personal Financial Information
- Employee Spouse’s Name, Marital Status, Beneficiary or Dependent Information
- Employee Home Addresses
- Information on Customer Accounts
For more information you may contact the Office of Open Records at openrecords.state.pa.us